You can view, download or print the following document:
You can view, download or print the following leaflets produced by the Quekett Microscopical Club:
- Getting started in microscopy
- Simple sample preparation
- Things to look at with magnifiers and microscopes
- Things to look at with microscopes: pollen
- Guide to the recent Foraminifera of the British Isles, by Brian Darnton
These leaflets are intended to be printed double-sided and then folded to produce a leaflet, and so the page order does not look right when you view them on a computer screen.
Booklets and monographs
You can view, download or print the following booklets published by the Quekett Microscopical Club:
- G. W. Hartley (1983), The Microscope: A Basic Guide (Q.M.C. Monograph No. 6, 36 pp, 4.8 MB)
- F. E. J. Ockenden (1947), Illuminants and Illumination for Microscopical Work (Q.M.C. Monograph No. 3, 28 pp, 37 MB)
- G. W. White (1993), Setting-up the Microscope (8 pp, 950 KB)
- F. C. Wise, F. E. J. Ockenden & P. K. Sartory (1950), The Binocular Microscope: Its Development, Illumination and Manipulation (Q.M.C. Monograph No. 5, 30 pp, 5.7 MB)
These booklets have a page size of A4 and can be viewed on screen or printed.
Reading, saving and printing documents
Most people will be able to open these PDF documents by clicking the links. If this does not work, then you probably need to download the free Adobe Reader from the Adobe website:
If you want to save a copy of a document to your own computer, right-click the link and select a menu item such as “Save target as…” or “Save Link As…”.
If you want to print a document, right-click the link and select a menu item such as “Print target”.