About the Club
Starting with microscopes
Discover the amazing world under the microscope, learn how to get the best from your microscope, or how to take stunning photos. Join our amateur community to learn more.
Larval paddleworm on Phaeocystis colony, by Julian Cremona
Gossip meeting “Objects for the stereomicroscope”, Tuesday 9th August, PA 135 Meeting Room, NHM
Warnham Local Nature Reserve excursion, Saturday 20th August, just outside Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 2RA
West Midlands autumn meeting, Saturday 10th September, Haling Dene Centre, Penkridge, Staffordshire, ST19 5DT
Read our 3 articles:
• Starting digital photomicrography
• Microscopes and digital photography
• Advanced digital photomicrography
Club members can log in to access additional resources, including meeting reports, videos of lectures, and galleries of slides and photomicrographs.
• QUEKEX: First call for exhibitors
• Report of Basingstoke Canal excursion
• Report of “Explore a Small World”
• Report of gossip meeting “My latest microscopical acquisition”
• Report of gossip meeting “Diatoms”
• Video of Carel Sartory’s address “LED Lighting for Microscopy and Photomacrography” (Members only)
Read about the benefits of becoming a member of the Quekett, including the Club’s Bulletin and Journal, and a varied programme of gossip meetings, lectures and excursions.