About the Club
Starting with microscopes
Discover the amazing world under the microscope, learn how to get the best from your microscope, or how to take stunning photos. Join our amateur community to learn more.
Phantom midge larva (Chaoborus sp.), by Graham Matthews
West Midlands autumn meeting, Saturday 10th September, Haling Dene Centre, Penkridge, Staffordshire, ST19 5DT
Lecture “Project Coral – an innovative coral sexual reproductive research project”, Tuesday 13th September, Neil Chalmers Seminar Room, NHM
Annual Exhibition of Microscopy, Saturday 1st October, Natural History Museum
Read our 3 articles:
• Starting digital photomicrography
• Microscopes and digital photography
• Advanced digital photomicrography
Club members can log in to access additional resources, including meeting reports, videos of lectures, and galleries of slides and photomicrographs.
• Report of Warnham LNR excursion
• 2016 Members’ auction is open
• Images wanted for The Pathologist magazine
• Report of gossip meeting “Objects for the stereomicroscope”
• Photographs wanted for Quekex 2016
• “Understanding the Light Microscope” video by Peter Evennett
• Quekex: First call for exhibitors
• Report of Basingstoke Canal excursion
Read about the benefits of becoming a member of the Quekett, including the Club’s Bulletin and Journal, and a varied programme of gossip meetings, lectures and excursions.