About the Club
Starting with microscopes
Discover the amazing world under the microscope, learn how to get the best from your microscope, or how to take stunning photos. Join our amateur community to learn more.
Papillae on the surface of a cat tongue, by David Linstead
Yorkshire Moors Microscopy Weekend, Friday 1st to Monday 4th July, The Moors National Park Centre, Danby, North Yorkshire, YO21 2NB
Gossip meeting “My latest microscopical acquisition”, Tuesday 12th July, PA 135 Meeting Room, NHM
Basingstoke Canal excursion, Saturday 16th July, based in Brookwood Memorial Hall, GU24 0AL
Read our 3 articles:
• Starting digital photomicrography
• Microscopes and digital photography
• Advanced digital photomicrography
Club members can log in to access additional resources, including meeting reports, videos of lectures, and galleries of slides and photomicrographs.
• Report of Southwest England meeting
• Report of Dale Fort Marine Microscopy Weekend
• Video of Carel Sartory’s address “LED Lighting for Microscopy and Photomacrography” (Members only)
• Charles Thomas Hudson’s transparencies
• The Quekett Microscopical Club 1865–2015 (new book)
Read about the benefits of becoming a member of the Quekett, including the Club’s Bulletin and Journal, and a varied programme of gossip meetings, lectures and excursions.