About the Club
Starting with microscopes
Discover the amazing world under the microscope, learn how to get the best from your microscope, or how to take stunning photos. Join our amateur community to learn more.
Phantom midge larva (Chaoborus sp.), by Graham Matthews
Annual Exhibition of Microscopy, Saturday 1st October, Natural History Museum
Langton Matravers meeting, Saturday 8th October, Village Hall, Langton Matravers, Dorset, BH19 3HA
Microscopium, Saturday 15th October, St Stephen’s Church Hall, 14 Watling Street, St Albans, AL1 2PX
Read our 3 articles:
• Starting digital photomicrography
• Microscopes and digital photography
• Advanced digital photomicrography
Club members can log in to access additional resources, including meeting reports, videos of lectures, and galleries of slides and photomicrographs.
• 2016 Quekex invitations (Members only)
• Video of Jamie Craggs’ coral lecture (Members only)
• Report of North York Moors weekend
• Report of Warnham LNR excursion
• 2016 Members’ auction is open
• Report of gossip meeting “Objects for the stereomicroscope”
• “Understanding the Light Microscope” video by Peter Evennett
Read about the benefits of becoming a member of the Quekett, including the Club’s Bulletin and Journal, and a varied programme of gossip meetings, lectures and excursions.