About the Club
Starting with microscopes
Discover the amazing world under the microscope, learn how to get the best from your microscope, or how to take stunning photos. Join our amateur community to learn more.
Corbicula (pollen basket) on hind leg of a bee, by Ray Sloss
Southwest England meeting, Saturday 4th June, Neroche Hall, New Road, Bickenhall, Taunton, Somerset
Gossip meeting “Diatoms” (Maurice Moss), Tuesday 14th June, PA 135 Meeting Room, NHM
Wimbledon Common Bioblitz, Sunday 26th June, based in the Information Centre, SW19 5NR
Read our 3 articles:
• Starting digital photomicrography
• Microscopes and digital photography
• Advanced digital photomicrography
Club members can log in to access additional resources, including meeting reports, videos of lectures, and galleries of slides and photomicrographs.
• Video of Carel Sartory’s address “LED Lighting for Microscopy and Photomacrography” (Members only)
• Charles Thomas Hudson’s transparencies
• Report of Penkridge meeting
• Report of Antique Scientific Instrument Fair
• Report of Langton Matravers meeting
• The Quekett Microscopical Club 1865–2015
Read about the benefits of becoming a member of the Quekett, including the Club’s Bulletin and Journal, and a varied programme of gossip meetings, lectures and excursions.