Virtual exhibits at the 2021 Annual Exhibition of Microscopy
Sunday 3rd October 2021
This year, members were able to show physical exhibits at Potters Bar (with the option of making more details available here on the website) or virtual exhibits as web pages, PowerPoint presentations or videos.
- Pam Hamer – Digital art?
- Grenham Ireland – ‘Going down the rabbit hole’ with the ctenophore Pleurobrachia pileus!
- Graham Matthews – Photographing the Marson
- Carel Sartory – Playing with polarisation
- Penny Thoyts – Tongue: Penny’s collection of tongue slides
Detailed notes on physical exhibits
- Lisa Ashby – When the magic lantern met the microscope
- Nigel Ashby – Photo-micrographic stand
- Stephen Durr – Microscopic life in freshwater habitats
- Phil Greaves – In celebration of brass and glass
- Stephen Parker – Cooke M4000 ‘Nuclear’ microscope
- Alan Wood – Commercial and makeshift retarders
To provide members and visitors with an opportunity to discuss the exhibits, a Zoom gossip meeting will held on Friday 8th October 2021. The gossip meeting will be recorded, and members will be able to watch the video.